Position Starting Date : TBD
Location : TBD
Contract Type : Full time
The Job Opportunity
We are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs). If successful, you will be responsible for providing Air Traffic Control Services (ATC) to aircraft operating within the airspace under your responsibility. We are providing an attractive, Tax-Free salary package.
- Provide air traffic control service within the airspace for which he/she pis responsible in accordance with national regulations and ICAP SARP’s.
- Remain in the control room during the period of watch, unless properly relieved.
- Render all possible assistance to aircraft in emergency or distress.
- Provide aircraft with meteorological and other information required for the safe and efficient conduct of their flight.
- Operate and maintain a continuous watch on the assigned communication channels.
- Maintain, in the approved manner, a flight progress display of all aircraft he/she is responsible for.
- Relay serviceability reports and navigational warnings, as required.
- Comply with procedures detailed in unit operating instructions.
- Perform such other duties relative to ATC operations as may be assigned to him/her by the Director of ATS or any of his delegates.
Successful candidate should have:
- Valid ATC Medical.
- Valid ICAO English Language Proficiency Certificate level 4 or above.
- For Tower: Aerodrome Rating certificate with a minimum of 5 years experience exercising this rating.
- For APP – Approach: Approach Surveillance Rating Certificate with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- For ACC – Area Control Centre: ACC Radar (surveillance) Rating Certificate with minimum of 5 years experience practicing this rating.
- An OJTI endorsement.
Following are desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience in a multicultural environment.
- ATC Examiner rating.